Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fabrication on the way to the funeral - Arun Shourie

I found this brilliant article by Arun Shourie and thought it would be a good idea to put it on this blog since it gives an example of how the Indian media laps up any news deriding the Hindu right. It also showcases how the media does not bother to verify facts before making startling statements/announcements.

There are some gems by Shourie exposing the fraud historians as well...

http://www.hvk.org/Publications/fabrication.html

Excerpts:

""Rational vs. National," screams the headline of the new pall-bearer of secularism, the magazine Outlook...."

"
"Tampering with history," proclaims the old pall-bearer, The Hindu......"

"The next issue of the CPI(M) mouthpiece, Peoples Democracy, reproduces this editorial ! And carries with it an article by one of the ring-leaders, K. N. Panicker. "Saffronization of historical research," proclaims the heading. Panicker repeats the charge of the word "rational" having been replaced by "national". He adds another : the Memorandum of Association of the ICHR mentions five objectives, he says, but the Resolution put out by the Saffron-brigade mentions only two."


"I then ring up Mr. Vinod Mehta, the editor of Outlook. "But the reporter says she has the text and everything," he says. I narrate what I have found. He promises to check and get back to me. When we talk again he says he has sent me the text of the Resolution. But that is the current one. My point was that the "change" which Outlook had built its story on has existed in all Resolutions for at least twenty years. He says he will get back to me. That is where matters stand."





3 comments:

  1. More of this material can be found in Arun Shourie's "Eminent Historians - Their line, their technology and their fraud". Very Insightful presentation of facts. Must read for Every Indian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry if I am overwhelming with my comments. I came across this site called http://nirmukta.com/ . The first look I found it really unreadable, dumb and completely irrational (though they claim to be rational). I request the site writers to take up the articles written there, especially the ones denouncing Sankaracharya and other saints. I myself have not yet accumulated the full knowledge to counter them logically and knowledgeably. Only my reason tells me that the arguments made there are wrong. I again request you guys to present critiques of those articles. It is like while trying to protect our fields from cattle outside, we also need to focus on the pests inside. Those Hindus who have interpreted Hinduism wrongly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rediscovering Sai

    Arun Shorie's works should be made mandatory reading in all schools and colleges!!

    We will check out that website and critique their writings. Might take some time though.Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete